So if you are anything like me you may have realized by now that calories pack a real punch when trying to maintain weight. The problem here is that calories are delicious. Trying to eat well and actually enjoy a meal seems to always come down to walking the line with the calorie count!
Now we all know that there are far more things to consider in the grand scheme of eating on a diet than simply just calories. The amount of trans fat, sodium, cholesterol and so on all play a large factor. But for finding a delicious meal on a fat friendly diet the calories are the real barrier to entry.
What tastes as good as its nutritional value?
Let me give you a cheap jerseys hint, it rhymes with kickin’. Yes the famous chicken comes into play! Grilled chicken is one of the most delicious foods that carry a low Banana calorie count. Along with that you also can find very lean chicken breast (good on you skinny chicken) to help drop the fat levels and create an extremely healthy option!
The main hiccup in this strategy is finding ways to make chicken varied enough to eat often. Anyone can throw a chicken breast over rice and call it a meal but imagine eating it every day! The 85 many options are out there to research and discover. Here is one of my favorite chicken dishes an just how to make it (the way that I like!)
Basil Feta Chicken
Put simply this is a grilled chicken with sauce laid over it. But great grilled chicken. And fantastic sauce! First off if you can try to avoid the crumbled version of Feta cheese. The cubed Feta is much fresher and the brine it soaks in may look gross but keeps a much stronger flavor profile in the cheese, trust me!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Feeds 2 very hungry people or 4 normal people (no fun)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cloves worth of minced garlic
- 2 onions, sliced and diced
- Four 12oz chicken breasts
- 1 cup of Feta
- 2 tablespoons of milk (add more to make creamier)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 more tablespoons of milk
- Small dash of chili powder and sugar
- Pound London: the chicken breast to a medium thickness. Make sure all four are equal thickness.
- Heat olive oil over cheap mlb jerseys medium or low heat.
- Add onions and cook until clear (you will really smell it when done)
- Stir in garlic and set aside
- If desired season chicken breasts with pepper and wholesale nba jerseys salt
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to skillet wholesale nba jerseys and for cook over medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts into hot oil and cook for 7-10 minutes depending how you like your meat, brown or black!
- Place chicken onto a serving plate into a bed of freshly sliced onions
- Time to Sauce it up!
- Boil water and lower to medium heat
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients into a spate bowl
- Set bowl over pot and out of the waters reach.
- Stir the saucy until it has a nice creamy consistency (usually about Development 5 minutes)
- Taste test! If you want the sauce thinner add a tablespoon of milk. I always end up adding more garlic……… just me.
- Pour over the chicken breast and serve!
Why this meal?
BECAUSE IT’S AMAZING. Also, this is one of the many variations of chicken dinners that comes in under 300 calories! That is per breast mind you but this cheap mlb jerseys is a very filling dish. The feta cheese in the sauce is so rich that it really makes you feel full quite quickly. If you are able to find very low fat chicken breasts this meal becomes a relatively fat free dish as well! With ease of cooking, great taste, cheap ingredients and a healthy stat sheet this is a practically perfect dish to add to the dieting cookbook.
Image courtesy of phasinphoto